Interviews, Articles & Book Reviews
Interviews & Articles
Please check out the links below for interviews, articles, reviews and more.
FACEBOOK LIVE - Caregivers Alberta
Caregiver Connections: Kimberly Fraser
- Kimberly Fraser talks about her caregiver journey, both as a family caregiver and health professional. Kimberly was only 18 years old when her father was diagnosed with MS.
PODCAST - Scribd & Apple
- The COVID-19 pandemic has raised questions about the resilience of healthcare systems worldwide. Caring for a family member with a chronic, debilitating, and/or end-stage disease often entails a high overload and significant psychosocial risks, but even more so when there is confinement to their home due to a global pandemic.
RADIO - SoundCloud
Interview with Sue Kelly – Sweet Spots Muskoka Radio – Sept 18
- Sue Kelly interviews Dr. Kim Fraser regarding the journey that brought her to writing her book, The Accidental Caregiver: Wisdom and guidance for the unexpected challenges of family caregiving.
ARTICLE - Sage Journals
The complexity of caregiving for community-living older adults with multiple chronic conditions: A qualitative study – Kimberly Fraser et all.
- Older adults with multiple chronic conditions (MCC) rely heavily on caregivers for assistance with care. However, we know little about their psychosocial experiences and their needs for support in managing MCC. The purpose of this study was to explore the experiences of caregivers of older adults living in the community with MCC.
ARTICLE - Morningstar
Caregiving can turn your retirement plans upside down – By Richard Eisenberg
- The role of caregiver, Kimberly Fraser writes in her forthcoming book “The Accidental Caregiver,” is “all consuming — physically, spiritually, and emotionally.” Some 36% of caregivers surveyed by AARP and NAC said caregiving meant “high emotional stress.”